Monday, June 22, 2009

The Happy Trees Guy- (Michael)



So, I haven't cut my hair since November and it's getting a bit unruly. My kids have come up with a new nickname for me- "The Happy Trees Guy"- referring to Rob Ross the famous PBS painter that was always putting happy trees in his painting.




In celebration of my new nickname we have a new contest on the blog:




*******CAN YOU TELL WHICH ONE IS MICHAEL LYMAN?********

The first person to post the correct answer will get free painting lessons when I get back to the states.


What I was really going for with my current mop was famous South African rugby player, Victor Matfield...So, is this a better comparison, though this is not really a fair comparison since he has a forehead and I have more of a five-head with my nicely receding hairline.

******WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING HUNKS IS ACTUALLY CAPTAIN OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN RUGBY TEAM????******



Hope you weren't too challenged by our fun blog games. See you in the next installment.

3 comments:

goat said...

Well, you don't look anything like Rob Ross, but you do look great.

I hope it doesn't get cut until November again. It can be an annual tradition...thing...

I like it.

vfg said...

I'm first!
And really want painting lessons, since I don't yet spend huge amounts of $ on paint. So this first answer is most important: Michael Lyman is on the RIGHT. With an impressive amount of gray. Methinks the NEWTs were overchallenging this semester.

The second contest section is more complicated. Since I will be painfully honest and not cheat by referring to the first pair of photographs, I can only use my memory and conclude that Michael Lyman is this time on the left. Because the sun keeps on shining in South Africa more than here (it's rained every single day of the last 5 months) and that sporting tan must be yours.

Looking forward to my painting lessons. Bob Ross back from the dead, or from you? I will also accept another instructor, but will insist on something. Wait for it.

vfg said...

AYYYYY!!!

Since I also insisted on being too clever, my husband commented while I was writing. I showed this to him, so I still win. Plus, he didn't play. He's a bad sport that way--very uncooperative.